Mission: to grow future generations of leaders for Warren County.
Vision: to foster community leadership by preparing participants to serve as trustees of Warren County in an effort to improve the quality of life and the economic vitality of the region.
Goals of Leadership Warren County are to:
- Bring caring, community-minded people together from all across the County in an effort to form partnerships to improve the economic vitality and quality of life of Warren County;
- Inspire program participants to engage in the civic life of the region by acquainting them with community resources and assets, and the County’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and challenges;
- Arm program participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to make a positive impact in community and succeed at home and at work;
- Show participants how and where they can make a difference;
- Foster a commitment to community trusteeship;
- Create linkages between those who want to serve the community and those who need assistance.
According to John Gardner, “We need many, many citizen leaders—not just a handful—at all the various levels and diverse segments of city life…there are never enough.”